"When something ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest." - William Hazlitt
I've always, always, always loved to hear people's opinions and create discussions about everything. I once went out with my friends and we discussed the possibility of time travel and the pros and cons of immortality. We talked for about 3 hours. One of my favourite nights out ever.
Religion
Uh, I’m agnostic. I used to be a Christian but things were getting too messed up. Too many heated debates, too many controversial opinions, too many hypocrites, too much hate, etc etc etc. I started to lose faith in what I believed. I think that sometimes children who are Christians can’t really be considered so because they can’t really understand what they “believe”. Seems too much like blindly following something, in my opinion. And I think that in some cases, people need to go out and experience the world before they can make such a big decision as choosing what, if any, god to follow. And this is more directed to me than anybody else. I’m jealous of other’s strong faith but I never really believed I could get to heaven by just believing in God. Not when all those other rules went along with it too. It confuses me. How does one really get to heaven?
Homosexuality
Gosh most of my favourite people are gay. I’ve heard prejudices all over the place. I wish people would research some more into this subject before making harsh decisions based on what religion or their parents or their friends have taught them. I believe that being homosexual should not affect whether you should be allowed to have children or not. Homosexuals don’t raise only gay children, just has heterosexuals don’t only raise straight children. And even if they did, so what?! There are no clear details on homosexuality in the NEW TESTAMENT (dismissing all Old Testament comments on this), so not allowing Gay marriage could possibly be going against the no sex before marriage rule. Our country isn’t solely Christian. Let’s not base our laws on one group of people. Plus, they make some of the best music. 8D
Abortion
I’m Pro-Choice. If some people can’t get a legal abortion then they’re gonna go for the alternative, i.e., back alley, uncertified “doctors” with a coat hanger and a Hoover. If someone wants an abortion bad enough they’re going to go to any length to get it and there’s no point in letting someone, who clearly doesn’t want a child, raise one. Their life is going to suck. And babies shouldn’t be a punishment to those who don’t use protection. There’s no love in that.
Sectarianism
Some people need to wise up. There’s no one I would love to smack around the face more than a Sectarian. Let’s be glad I have more self control. All of my first cousins are Catholic and I grew up with Catholic friends. I didn’t grow up in a Sectarian home and I didn’t learn there was even hatred between Catholics and Protestants until I came to high school. Personally I think the Catholic church is beautiful and their rituals, beliefs, are far more interesting than those of Protestants. As for the people: All people are the same in my opinion and religion shouldn’t determine how I feel towards someone.
Feminism
I’m a huge feminist... I think. I just don’t make a big deal out of it. I refuse to be a housewife, I detest children, I want to earn my own money, I will not be confined to a kitchen. I remember telling my parents that I don’t want to be a housewife. They interpreted that as “I don’t want to get married”. That’s not what I meant! I want to get married! It’s one of my life goals, to find someone I... “love”... and settle down, with a successful career, two cats, a dog and an apartment. In America/Sweden/anywhere that’s not NI. But I will not cook dinner every night; clean the dishes every day, making it my priority to tidy the house every day, make my husband his sandwiches for work every night. Make ya own damn sammich. I will cook and clean... but I will live in a balanced household and whomever I marry will have to do their equal share. It annoyed me that they assumed that because I don’t want to be a Housewife that I don’t want to be a wife. They are not the same thing.
Love
I have not experienced “love”. I’ll believe in it when I do. I do, however, believe in pheromones and the power of testosterone and estrogen. Gosh I’m so cynical for one so young. And a big asexual too.
THE PYRAMINDS LOL
I think they’re over 5000 years old. It’s almost silly to think they’re not. Google it! I’ve watched lots of documentaries.
Conspiracy theories
They never cease to entertain me. From the most stupid theories to the more believable ones. Whether I believe in them is a whole entire different story. Ask me about specific ones if you want to know ;D
Aliens
It’s just not believable that we’re the only intelligent life forms in our universe. And big-headed of us too. With so many planets out there, we’re just a speck of dust in a tornado.
Evolution vs Creation
Ha, this is interesting. I haven’t got an opinion on this one! I’d love to believe we’re created though, it’s ultimately more interesting than life just occurring by accident. But if we were created... THEN BY WHO/WHAT?!
MS word is covered in green squiggly lines... best just post this now because I’m too tired to go on, too tired to fix it, too tired to... *snore*
Zzz

1 Responses:
I still do not comprehend how the pyramids debate is relevant o.O
Post a Comment