Unfortunately I don't get to watch anime as much as I used to. But maybe this post will remind me why I love it so much and I'll get back into it again because I do miss it so...
Chobits
Definitely one of the most beautiful animes I've ever watched. But it is perverse at times too. The world that Chobits is set in is one that is very technologically advanced, persicoms (robots that look and behave like humans) walk the streets like normal human beings and do jobs for their owners, some even marry their persicoms forgetting that robots do not have emotions even if they appear as if they do. Hideki, the main character, longs to have a persicom but cannot afford one but he comes across Chi, just lying there in the middle of the street amongst a pile of rubbish bags. He's shocked and takes her home because one man's rubbish is another man's treasure, right? And she was being thrown away anyway! It's not like anyone's going to miss her. Hideki's friend's persocom is unable to analyse Chi though, nor are any other persocoms for that matter so she's obviously very strange... and she lacks knowledge on basically everything! So Hideki is continuously teaching her things, like words and concepts of various things. Chi discovers a book at a bookstore that tells her what her purpose is, to "find the one for me", and a lot of the anime is devoted to exploring the relationships between persocoms and humans. I think there are only 16 episodes, or 26... xD
Ouran High School host Club
The main character, Haruhi, disguises herself as a boy to help pay off her debt of 8,000,000 yen. You might be thinking, but why does she have to dress up as a boy?! Well, you see, Ouran High School has a host club in which girls pay to go on dates with boys and because Haruhi makes a cute boy lots of girls fall for her. The characters in this anime are adorable! I could describe them all but there are too many so I'll just talk about the cute twins. hikaru and Kaoru. They're cheeky but so so funny. They play the part of incestuous twins but whether they are homosexual or not is debatable because they sure do act like they do but they act so well it makes you wonder, are they acting?
Soooo cute >3<
Cowboy Bebop
Oh, what a classic!! First aired in 1997, I think... it's set in 2022 and technology has advanced so travelling to other planets is problem-o! The main characters travel all over the solar system, finding criminals with a huge bounty over their heads, stopping crime (their motivation being money). One of my favourite animes but I'd be lying if I said I've finished watching it. I have no excuse either because it's so short! There are only 20-something episodes! The characters are amazing, plot is addictive and the music captivating. Jazz music galore! I'm sorry I'm rambling... So anyway, these bounty hunters travel around space in their spaceship, Bebop. It starts off with only two characters, Jet and Spike. But as it goes on they come across gambling addict Faye Valentine, kid genius Edward (a girl), who is eccentric to say the least. She goes by the name, Radical Edward when she is hacking into computer. And, of course, Ein the welsh corgi. Ein was experimented on and given human emotions and intelligence and he's cute and cuddly!

Characters: Spike on the far left, Jet at the back, Faye at the back right, Ed at the front (with her awesome computer goggles) and Ein... the only dog.
Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler in English)
Set in the Victorian era, Ciel Phantomhive is an orphaned 12-year-old boy who is head of a noble family in England and also the Queen's underdog. Ciel made a deal with a demon to serve his every command. Every single one. And he does it spectacularly! I'm a huge fangirl of Sebastian but an even bigger fangirl of his obsessive Grim Reaper friend, Grell Sutcliffe. He is Jack the Ripper, has stunning red hair, incredibly fancies Sebastian (much to his dismay) and longs to be a woman. He's cheeky, hilarious and downright outrageous. His obsession with Sebastian takes fangirlism to a whole new level! Oh and he has a chainsaw too <3 Another one of my alltime favourite animes!!!

And here's a bonus picture of Grell!!

Elfen Lied
The Diclonius are a different strain of the human race, they are genetically different and physically appear different because of horn-like protrusions on their forehead. But their horns are the least of your problems! The main character is Lucy, who escapes the experimentation facility and she absolutely wrecks the place! But she also sustains an injury to her head and she develops a split personality. Her child-like alter-ego is named Nyu by two locals that find her. There are other Diclonius and the thing that makes them insanely scary is that they change from being completely oblivious to incredibly violent and murderous without warning and the main character, Lucy, lacks any form of empathy and kills mercilessly. The other thing that makes them terrifying are their invisible arms, known as "vectors". They can cause all sorts of harm because they can attack things as if they are solid but also go through them. So they could use one of their invisible vectors to reach into your body and squash your heart, effortlessly.

School Days
Do not let it's innocent name decieve! It contains sex, sex, sex, insanity and violence. There are 12 episodes in this anime but there is also a game and of course a manga adaptation. Because of this there are a multitude of alternate endings. The story is about a school girl that falls in love with this boy from her class that gets her train to school everyday. Their mutual friend introduces them and they begin dating. However he is unabled to commit and has many relationships with girls at once and becomes a sex addict. The ending that I saw was where the girl stabbed her friend when she discovered her cheating with her boyfriend and cuts his head off and sails off into the distance on a boat hugging onto his head. Psycho. But still one of my favourite animes!

{Quickly before anyone notices that I missed out Death note...}
Death Note
Life is so boring, right? What we really need to makes things more interesting is a book that allows you to kill someone just by writing their name into it. Well, so thinks Light!
Gosh, the Shinigami Realm is so boring... All these Shinigami ever do is gamble and sleep. They only ever kill to prevent themselves from dying. If only I could make life more interesting for myself... Whoops! I seem to have dropped my Death Note into the human world~! Darn~! I guess I'll have to go in after it...
And thus Death Note begins! With a school boy finding a deadly notebook, experimenting with it and discovering just how addictive killing is! Light becomes obsessed with how corrupt the human race is and believes that it needs a new justice system, someone with godly powers to reign judgement on the world. However his plan is almost foiled by, ace detective L! They fight it out, an intellectual battle of the brain. To the death... And L dies. Thus Mello and Near come in and things get more interesting!! Matt comes in too, and then immediately dies... but anyway, it's one heck of an anime and there are 50-something episodes so there is no way I could summarise it all into one paragraph and clearly I'm not making any sense.
I advise you just go watch it right now!
You won't regret it ;D
*Really I just need someone to fangirl over characters with...*

I could go on much longer than this but I don't want to bore you... So this'll do for now.
Thanks for reading!!!
<333

3 Responses:
Interesting! A good post!
And I'm sorry May-Jay, you know I would fangirl with you but I can only obsess over real people, not just cartoon characters! However I liked the Deathnote film, although I'm Korean bias, not Japanese. XD
Totally started Elfen Lied! Woo
Claudia, you have no idea what you're missing!!! I think you would love Ouran High Host Club.
Kerri, I thought you'd watched it a long time ago! I watched it all in one day, what's taking you so long?! xD
Post a Comment