Aims and Resolutions for 2012

29 December 2011

This is actually a rather special post because it is... *drumroll please*... my 100th blog post! Of course it most likely isn't because I have about 5 unpublished, incomplete posts, but lets just pretend, okay?
So I shall use this pseudo achievement to mention a few of my aims and resolutions for the next year. Cliche, I know, but BLAH YOUR MUM.

Read 50 books this year.
I'll record them all in a book or page of some sort. I figure 50 is a nice number to aim for because that gives me a week for each book. And I travel the bus everyday. So good luck to me!

Pass my AS Levels with decent grades.
What I'm aiming for is ABB but I will be perfectly happy if I get BCC. But I will not be happy if I get anything less than CCC. I will not get Ds again this year. I refuse to waste all that travelling and effort. So today I will also be starting revision. Or else getting my ICT Coursework finished. One or the other.
Save every 20p coin I get.
I think this is a nice aim to make because you won't miss 20p coins and I'll have a nice little bit of money to fall back on if I need it.

Continue to learn Japanese.
I will not let this go. If I keep telling myself this, maybe I'll believe myself!

Be less grouchy.
Doesn't really need explanation.

Improve diet.
I really just need to make sure that I ALWAYS have dinner and eat as many fruit and veg as I can possibly fit into my day. Oh, and take my vitamins too.

Draw something at least once a week.
I made a resolution similar to this last year I think... only more ambitious. Draw once a day I think it was. No. Just no. I don't expect this one to go terribly well either, but I'm getting a graphics tablet! So maybe this one will be followed through this year!

Be more adventurous.
Just don't be so pussy with everything.

And finally, be more generous/grateful.
This one's kinda a given. But it needs to be mentioned anyway. I am way too ungrateful for the things I have, I'm far too much like Jimmy from Look Back in Anger. Too busy hating on the rich to realise that my own life is perfectly fine and I'm already better than most of the people in the world. I am terribly grateful to my parents because they've done so much to ensure that I live a comfortable life, I need to not forget that.

Oh, actually, there's one more that I almost forgot~
To mark this special fake occasion of my 100th blog, I will blog more often. It's taken me about a year and a half to get to 100 posts (I just checked, it's actually only 83 published LOL) so I aim to post a lot more often this year, and not just memes either. Proper posts, although they could be about absolutely anything. So be prepared.

Thanks for readings and Happy New year people!!1! :D

3 Responses:

emma-dilemma said...

*pokes more Japanese into your brain*

Mary-Jane said...

If only it worked like that </3

Claudia said...

COOL I need to think of new years resolutions toooo :o