Day 2 - 9 things about yourself

04 January 2011

I shall try to think of 9 things that you don't know about me, so here goes:

Ø  I have brown hair
Ø  Grey eyes
Ø  I wear glasses
Ø  ...

Nah, I kid. Here's the real list...

Ø  When I'm angry, I am aware of my anger. Which is good because I know not to say anything stupid because I'll regret it later. I'm also pretty good with knowing when others are mad and I know to keep my mouth shut. This is how I manage to stay good friends with two very hot-headed people.
Ø  I believe serial killers are most interesting. Their reason for killing; their methods; riddles and puzzles left behind as clues; mental issues involved. I think this is probably why I find horror/thriller movies and books so fascinating/addicting. Writing this I have just realised that I never read detective novels or watch many detective movies... maybe that’s something I should change. Any recommendations?
Ø  I think I must have some sort of language impediment because I rehearse what I’m going to say over and over in my head before actually saying it and my speech can sometimes be rushed or mixed up because I’ve got too many thoughts in my head.
Ø  Apparently it’s really easy to tell when I’m upset but I beg to differ.
Ø  You probably know my favourite colour is purple but do you know why? I think that dark purple is the most expressive and beautiful colour you could use to depict a starry night sky or nebula etc. And I love to look at the stars.
Ø  I’m a pathological (I think that’s the right term?) procrastinator. No matter how hard I try to fix it, it always comes back and it stresses me to no end. Despite how calm and carefree I appear in school, when I’m at home and thinking of the homework that needs to be done for the following morning sends me into panic, inevitably leaving myself unable to do the work, making matters worse.
Ø  I have a life plan; it’s very loose and is continuously changing. To be married and live in a studio apartment with 2 cats and a dog and work as an illustrator or in advertisement. In America. Preferably a big city, like New York. Or London... whatever.
Ø  I detest children. Growing up in a household with two ADHD siblings and another rebellious sibling that made her parents’ life hell has probably greatly influenced my opinion on all children. But perhaps this will change as I get older and the mothering instinct hits in but I dunno.
Ø  I’m incredibly indecisive. I have problems making decisions that will have a great impact on my life and this is why I can’t write a personal statement and decide what course I want to do in university.

I quickly need to post before my laptop dies and before it hits midnight and it goes into day 3! Oh no it's all messed up! I'll fix it tomorrow.
Love,
Le MayJay

2 Responses:

emma-dilemma said...

David Baldacci books! They're awesome. Oh, and Mary Higgins Clark! David Baldacci's more thriller than detective, but they both have murders and stuff, and a lot of them are still whodunnits, so yeah I think you'd like them!

Mary-Jane said...

I will check them out next time I'm in Waterstones. Thanks :D